A blog about my favourite movies, music, and TV.

07 June 2009

Love Music Hate Racism


Last weekend I went to the Love Music Hate Racism concert at the Britannia Stadium in Stoke on Trent. The event was organised as a protest against the far-right British National Party and their political presence in the city. The show ran over the whole weekend but I was mainly interested in the Sunday as British soul queen Beverley Knight and Kelly Rowland were headlining.

Before I go into the performances I think it's important to say that it was good to see so many people out supporting the issue as well as seeing somewhere as deprived as Stoke being able to attract such decent acts. There were at least 5 thousand people there and it was one of the best days we've had this year for the weather - so it was a perfect day all round.

Beverley Knight was excellent, she wore a sort of blue 80's jump suit with white boots. She belted out her hits Keep This Fire Burning (I know I said hits...), Shoulda Woulda Coulda, Peace of My Heart, and a new song she'd done with Jam & Lewis - hopefully she's going all 80's soul for her new CD!




Kelly Rowland kicked off her set with Work as well as performing Like This, Emotion, How Deep Is Your Love (the Bee Gees song), Dilemma, and her new song Love Takes Over. Both Kelly and Bev seemed very pleased to be there and really got into the spirit of it - if only they on longer!

2 comments:

Mike said...

LOL - Kelly is so low rent!

Anonymous said...

Hey There. I found your [url=http://www.sacslongchamppliagefr.eu/sac-longchamp-pliage-grande-mura-c-16.html]sac longchamp pliage grande mura[/url] weblog using msn. That is a really smartly written article. I??ll make sure to bookmark it and come back to learn extra of your helpful information. Thank you for the post. sac longchamp pliage toureiffel [url=http://www.sacslongchamppliagefr.eu/sac-longchamp-pliage-1623-c-9.html]sac longchamp pliage[/url] , I will definitely return.